Financial and Operational Benefits for Installing a Commercial Solar Energy System
Curious about the benefits of commercial solar? Going green is not just good for the environment—It is good for your company’s bottom line. Here in California, you can take advantage of reduced utility costs and a large return on your investment, along with tax credits and incentives. Here’s how energy efficiency leads to monetary savings for your business:
• Avoid Ever-Increasing California Utility Bills—Greatly reduce or eliminate you electricity costs. Watch your operating costs drop, and the savings eventually pay the price of the solar system. According to a study by the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory and several state agencies, green buildings lower maintenance and operating costs of $50 to $70 per square foot.
• Produce Your Own Cheap Electricity and Sell it Back to the Utilities—Here in California, you can take advantage of Net Energy Metering (NEM). Get paid for the extra power you don’t need, and when you do need power from your utility company, you’ll be charged at a significantly lower rate per unit of electricity.
• Cash in on Federal Incentives—The American Recovery and Reinvestment act of 2009 introduced a Federal Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (ITC) of 30% for qualifying solar installations. This incentive is due to expire December 31, 2016. You can also recover investments in commercial solar through depreciation deductions under the Federal Modified Accelerated Cost-Recovery System (MACRS).
• High Reliability and Low Maintenance—Here at Sol-Tek Solar, we use proven, high-grade materials that withstand the test of time. Our solar panels are sturdy and weather-resistant. Additionally, the photovoltaic cells rarely break down, as compared with the typical malfunctions of standard electrical systems. Beyond equipment reliability, your investment is protected by our extended warranties.
• Edge Out Your Competition—Consumers value companies that take care of our local environment. When you invest in a commercial solar system, transforming your structures into green buildings, you stand out from your competitors as a company that cares about your neighbors. Imagine the marketing potential and media attention you’ll gather for your brand.
Join local Clovis area fire stations, Abby Pets, and other commercial properties—Take advantage of the benefits of corporate solar energy. Contact us at 559-325-6907 for a complimentary solar assessment and quote.