Don’t be surprised if you are getting hit by a higher PG&E bill than you are used to seeing, PG&E rates have slowly increased 22% since January!
Here at Sol-Tek we want to help you avoid that big hit by providing you with these helpful money saving tips!
- Use fans to keep your home cooler, fans help circulate the air allowing you to raise the thermostat a few degrees and still be just as comfortable.
- Keeping your shades or blinds closed will help block the sunlight from passing through your windows causing your home to heat up.
- By replacing your air filters monthly or as needed, you can improve your energy efficiency. Dirty air filters make your air conditioner work harder to circulate the air through your home.
- Wash clothes in cold water rather than hot water to help you save energy.
- Unplug electronics when not in use.
- Replace inefficient light bulbs with LED light bulbs to help save money on energy bills and lighting costs.
- Monitor your solar panel usage to ensure your system is working properly.
- Have your solar panels cleaned 2-4 times a year to improve and increase your overall efficiency & increase your durability.
- Monitor your True-Up bill each month, if something seems off don’t wait to address it.
- Reach out to Sol-Tek Solar to analyze your current usage and system efficiency, you may benefit from increasing the size of your solar system
- Refer your friends and family to Sol-Tek and earn $500 when they install solar with us