The big, #1 reason why homeowners go solar is for the savings. The average solar energy system drops your electricity bills to as low as $0 to $10 per month. But this is only when you own your system—Why bother leasing a solar system only to pay 20 years worth of interest? You’ll receive up to 32% of a return on your investment in fewer than 7 years with your solar electricity system.
How much money does this add up to when you save electricity by going solar? California homeowners save over $140 per month. That’s over $1,650 per year. After 20 years, your total savings could grow to over $30,000! (Source: solarlove.org)
What would you do with that money? As financial guru Suze Orman says, “The way to build your savings is by spending less each month.” Start building your savings and put it to good use.
Here are some ideas:
• Take that needed summer vacation—Not only are you taking a vacation from electric bills, you can finally book your dream vacation.
• Buy some new wheels—Trade in your tired old car for a new model. Solar helps reduce your carbon footprint, and so does getting rid of gas burning models for newer electric or hybrid models.
• Make sound investments for your children—Put the savings into their college funds.
• Make a sound investment in yourself—Rest in the knowledge that you’ll be financially stable in your retirement years.
• Donate the savings to a charitable cause—Need an extra tax write-off and want do something good for mankind? Save the environment by going solar, and help others, too.
• Think outside the box—The sky’s the limit. After a year’s worth of savings, buy a 3-D printer or a carbon fiber bicycle. Or buy a dozen snow cone machines to rev up when global warming sets in. “Save money on the big, boring stuff so that you have something left over for life’s little pleasures,” according to Elisabeth Leamy. Count utility bills as big, boring stuff.
Let Sol-Tek Industries, Inc. help you plan a well-deserved vacation from electric bills. Visit with our solar experts at the upcoming Fresno Home Remodeling and Decorating Show, July 15-17, at the Fresno Fairgrounds (in the Commerce Building, booth #147-148). See more exciting upcoming events here. In the meantime, give us a call at (559) 325-6907 for answers to your specific solar energy questions.
Here at Sol-Tek Industries, Inc., we’re here to help you go solar and save electricity bills.